Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy Days

Today was beautiful! 60 degrees of paradisiacal sunshine, the blessed anticipation of a long weekend, and the discovery of a new running trail were enough to make it a great day. Add to that the fact that I got a slight tint of sunburn, I sampled cheesecake at Costco (among other delicacies), and our dwelling now rivals the white house for cleanliness and let me tell you, today has been WONDERFUL! I haven't actually done any planning yet, but there are still a few hours in which to be productive. And who knows, the lack of planning lessons may have been a significant factor in the awesomeness of the day.

Today is a good day to be grateful. Most days probably are, but this one made me feel especially blessed. For one, I have a body that is capable of doing so much! And while I have often chided it for not being willing or able to do things like backflips, wakeboarding, hip hop, etc., I realized again today how wonderful it is just to be able to run! My body has been quite good to me. I used to be so frustrated that I was "cursed" with a gene that gave me decidedly large and muscular limbs, but now I just smile and say "I love my legs. They get me places!"

Another thing that I am grateful for is fruit. Those who know me, laugh if you must, but I really don't know what I would do without it. It has been a motivator, preserver, comfort, and reward in all of my travels and trials, and it is a constant source of awe to me that our Creator would provide fruits for every season of the year. Isn't it amazing that we get citrus in the winter, apples, pears, and melons in the fall, and berries, peaches, apricots in spring and summer?? That, along with marriage, is one of the daily miracles that keeps me in wonder.

And let's not forget sunshine! I have often joked that in my perfect world I would have constant sunshine combined with cool breezes, NO snow, and rain only at night. But I would be sad if I ever took sunshine for granted, so really I am happy that it comes as it does to brighten up my weeks and remind me of good things.

So those were some of my thoughts today. Happy days. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Steven and his wife live there. You should look em up if your still in town. He would love to see a familar face!

    ReplyDelete